1980 - 1981
After graduating from college, I went to teach at a catholic high school in the biggest province in the next region. I chose to be transferred to another town instead of the city in order to have lesser preparation since it is my first time to teach. We stayed at a staff house provided by our school for out of town teachers. It was a different environment and culture. It was a Catholic kind of life. My transition period from paganism to Catholicism has started. Though during my education phase, paganism and Catholic life were practiced by our family at the same time and side by side. Here, the complete transition in me has begun. However, idolatry is still strongly practiced in the area. It was during my stay here that I experienced a worst nightmare - a strong yellow light coming from my open window directly hitting my left upper back just below my shoulder and I couldn't move at all. I was mentally awake and fought it by forcing my toes and fingers to move.
I left the place at the end of the school year for masters course back at the university during that summer in preparation for instructor position at the college of human sciences.
My teaching experience there was great since teachers are regarded highly and we were in uniform everyday. My co teachers were very friendly and we traveled the region and nearby regions too. It was my happiest in my teaching life since it was work and fun at the same time.
When I came to study the Bible nineteen years after the nightmare incident, I came to know that nightmares belong to a non believer state.
No comments:
Post a Comment